Warm Market Prospecting – My #1 Indirect Script
In this post, we’re going to share with you a powerful script and ideas for warm market prospecting. You can use this script to open up the conversation. It is best with those close to you to help you begin to build your business.
Our warm market is where many network marketers see success in the beginning when done the right way. And please remember, yes we are giving you something powerful – but stay true to you. Your warm market already knows you, right? Avoid swaying from who your authentic self is. Work with the script to help make it your own while sticking to its main principles.
Additionally, this script is equally as powerful once you start learning cold market prospecting. Why? Because the goal of cold market is to ‘get’ them into your warm market. Be sure to also catch the video included in this post too! Our goal is to help you master warm market prospecting.
What is Warm Market Prospecting?
A warm market is defined as a network of potential customers or distributors that you’ve had some previous contact or relationship with. This includes;
- church group members
… and so on.
Whereas your cold market includes potential customers who don’t know about you or your business like someone you’ve met while waiting for your coffee at Starbucks.
So, when we talk about warm market prospecting – we are focused on those you do know. How you approach them is so critical in your first few days of getting started. Too often, people ‘blow’ through their warm market in the very beginning because they weren’t sure what to even say. They just knew, they were excited.
Excitement is great – so paired with what we will teach today – is powerful.
Coach Fryer’s Warm Market Prospecting Script
Action Points while Watching and After the Video
Feel free to ‘follow’ along through the video or be sure to take action immediately following. This step-by-step script and breakdown is going to help you be successful in your warm market.
- Take out a pen and paper. You are maybe thinking this is ‘old school’ but, it continues to be one of the longest and most successful techniques. And, relevant regardless of how you choose to build your business.
- Make your list of all the people in your ‘super’ warm market. People you see daily or weekly. Anything beyond that sort of falls into lukewarm and we’re not there yet!
Here is Coach Fryer’s Indirect Warm Market Prospecting Script …
Remember, tweak the wording to match who you are but avoid wavering off course too much!
‘Hey Mary, you may or may not have seen but I recently started my own home-based business. Now I know this is probably not the best fit for you but based on what you’ve shared with me in the past about those pesky pounds you want to lose … I feel these products could really benefit you. Just curious by chance are you open to learning more?”
This approach is generally very well received. We’ve eliminated the ‘salesy’ part of the dialogue which offers a warm and softer approach.
Why does this work? Well, here’s a little psychology 101 for you.
- Always use their name. Keeps things personal, warm and friendly.
- Offer and retract. This is done when you let them know about the business but ‘know’ it’s probably not for them. In doing so, it takes the pressure off the receiver of your message and for others, it may prompt them to ask why you think it’s not for them.
- Leverage a previous conversation. Show them you’ve heard them in past and feel this is a great option or even a solution they’ve been looking for.
- Invitation to hear more. This way if they’re not it should not change your relationship with them in the slightest given an almost passive approach.
Overall, learning how to implement warm market prospecting – powerfully – can change the game. If you are someone who blew through this market in the beginning, just change up your wording to something like; I know we talked about this before when I had no real idea what I was doing (laugh) and I know the business side isn’t likely for you but these products Mary, may help.
You know your prospect – they know you. These are often your best consumers! Let us know in the comments if this was helpful – and if you have any additions let us know too!
Seeking more social media training to help grow your business?
Feel free to join our FREE Facebook Group Today!