Your most Valuable Business Commodity: Time
There are many things in this world that are valuable; work, family, health, business, and so on. But it could be said that the most valuable thing you’ll ever have in this world, outside of your health, is your time. In fact, the way you use your time has a major impact on the quality of your health. Let alone your business.
We would suggest that any success and failure, in every part of your life had depended almost entirely on how you use your time. Think about it for a moment.
You can always get another job, and you always start a new business.
However, you can never get a more time.
And, you can never recapture the time you’ve spent on anything — good or bad.
Your most Valuable Commodity is your Time
We want to first share with you a power story, and then offer you some tips on how you can ensure that you are maximizing the time you put into your business.
Imagine there is a bank that credits your account each morning with $86,400. It carries over no balance from day-to-day. Every evening it deletes whatever part of the balance you failed to use during that day. What would you do? Draw out every cent. Each one of us has such a bank.
It’s called time.
Every morning, it credits you with 86,400 seconds. Every night, it writes off as lost whatever you have failed to invest wisely. It carries no balance. It allows no overdraft. Each day, it opens a new account for you. If you fail to use the days deposit, the loss is yours. There is no going back. There is no drawing against the tomorrow. You must live in the present on today’s deposit. Invest it in every opportunity.
The clock is running. You’ve got to make the most of today right here, right now.
First, what did you take away most from this story? The first time we heard this story we had a huge moment in our understanding and perception of time. Time, was without question one of the primary reasons we chose to learn how to build our business using social media.
And, one of the reasons we have dedicated the past few years to this profession of network marketing.
If time is what you want more of, leveraging it is crucial.
It was too often we heard of leaders in network marketing who simply wanted their time back. Although they were happy with the income and leadership levels, they felt torn from their families regularly for three-way calls or home meetings. Additionally, despite time freedom being one of the things that drew them to the industry, it was the very thing they were lacking even more of.
However, we should clarify that there is nothing wrong with home meetings or three-way calls. In fact, it is exactly where we started. And, a good mix of online and offline works well too. But, with a growing family and the need to recapture our time continued to grow — online is where we found ourselves.
Additionally we should mention though …
Building your business online through social media doesn’t always mean it will give you, your time back. It is equally important if not even more so to have an effective schedule for your time. After all, how many times have you found yourself completely caught up in hours passing on Facebook or Instagram without even accomplishing anything.
Quite a few we would bet.
Take Control of the most Valuable Commodity: Time
If you are like the majority of people who sleep six to eight hours per day, leaving you somewhere between sixteen to eighteen hours of time left to earn, you will quickly realize the value that time plays.
- Set your calendar. Account for everything you do; sleep, gym, travel, family time, prospecting, calls, meetings, personal development training, etc.
- This task may scare you. This may be the first time realizing how critical your time is. Overcome this and you will soon be able to accomplish more than ever before. The proof will be in your productivity.
- Hold yourself accountable. It is easy to table things to the next day. Now is not the time to fall vulnerable to time. Your mindset needs to turn into making the most out of every second. Share your calendar with a mentor or accountability partner. Let them know what they can aspire to. Exceed your own expectations.
- Soon, you will begin to realize the value of sleep compared to time. 6 to 8 hours? Time is winning, not you. It’s time you took control. Maximized those 16-18 other hours.
- Automate your scheduling. Personally, we use an online booking calendar for all of our clients. We put in when we are available to talk, they can pick a time slot that suits them. This calendar is also used for members of our team too. We value them, and we value our time.
- It can and will get crazy. You will get to a certain level of understanding time. Understand what you are willing to sacrifice versus accomplish and plan according to this.
Let us know how you manage your time best? Are there areas you know you need to improve on? Make sure you leave us a comment below, and share this with those on your team who would benefit!
Seeking more social media training to help grow your business?
Feel free to join our FREE Facebook Group Today!