25 Social Media Prompts to Fill your Content Calendar
There’s nothing worse than creative block, right? Especially when you are building a business online. In this post, I am going to give you 25 social media prompts to help you steer clear of those blocks and fill up your content calendar with ease.
Remember however that great content is only a piece of the puzzle. You want to ensure that you are always engaging with the responses you receive. As a bonus, take note of the posts that perform the best so you can make sure they’re included in your future content.
Additionally, you should also make note of the content your audience provides in response to your social media posts. Why? Well, because user-generated content (UGC) is one of the top ways to show your audience;
- they were heard and,
- you are delivering on their ask.
25 Social Media Prompts & Ideas to Fill your Content Calendar
Effective content should leave your audience feelings at least one of the following; empowered, educated or entertained. Keep that in mind while you switch it up through your planned content and make sure you’re nailing at least one of these. Sometimes, this can be illustrated through your story-style content, a video/image or, with valuable facts, studies or comments on your niche.
Be sure to modify these to fit your voice and, what makes sense for who YOU are.
- If you could interview one person in your field, who would it be?
- What’s one nice thing you could do for somebody in your life today?
- What 3 things couldn’t you live without?
- Give people a look behind the scenes (workspace, event, etc.)
- Offer a Q&A style post
- A quote from a leader in another industry that inspires your business, and why it does
- Quote a competitor you agree or disagree with
- A beautiful, inspiring, or super cute photo that’s relevant to your business’s mission
- A viral video from another source that relates to your business in some way
- Industry-relevant meme’s or GIF’s that speaks to your audience
- Post hints about an upcoming product release, using photos to boost the FOMO
- Ask followers to “Like” or “Share” your best promotional posts (don’t forget the CTA’s!)
- Post special coupon codes or incentives for your audience
- Post case studies or testimonials from customers and/or clients
- Re-introduce yourself
- Share a motivational quote and include why it speaks to you
- Use polls! Multiple choice options are found to be most effective
- Go Live! Share a tip about something you’re passionate about
- Do a book review
- Share your favorite movie (and why)
- Ask your audience to jump on your newsletter
- Share your blog post or recent article
- Create a worksheet your ideal customer or client would benefit from
- Offer a tutorial
- Create a regular series (Throwback Thursdays, Money Mondays, Tip Tuesdays, etc.)
Now, I’d invite you to share some of your go-to social media prompts!
Share the ones that help you fill up your content calendar! Can’t wait to see what you are creating! And, be sure to check out this blog on the content areas you want to avoid.
Seeking more social media training to help grow your business?
Feel free to join our FREE Facebook Group Today!