The Truth Behind Network Marketing Facts 2018
Network marketing facts can be confusing. However, one fact has stayed consistent – it works when you work it. Think about it, there are network marketing companies as old as 120 years. And, they have sales into multiple billions of dollars annually. The top 100 network marketing companies are responsible for 90% of the industry $187B annual volume.
Of course, not every network marketing company will make it, but there are more successful companies now in 2018 than ever before.
Network Marketing has evolved into one of the best business models in our current economy.
Unemployment rates are rising, millions of people are turning to home based business opportunities to supplement their income. This is a trend we often see in times of ‘bad economy’. More people and more people get involved to generate additional (or any) income.
There is not one recession in history that has slowed the growth of this industry.
When we think back to the 2008 crash …
… many companies (brick and mortar) fell out. Despite everything they simply couldn’t hang on. Network marketing facts? Many companies experienced growth. Some as high as 24%!
Network Marketing Facts Explained
So, let’s start with understanding that the possibilities are endless in this industry. And, as mentioned in a recent post — you need to meet people where they’re at. And so yes, the income potential is enormous but it’s not why most people get involved in. the industry. Hey it may not even be why you got involved.
As a result, in this post we want to focus on the network marketing facts that are far more relevant, tangible and even realistic to the bulk of the industry. Stop scaring people away with the promise of millions. Seriously.
In 2010, there were approximately 16 million active distributors in the United States.
Fast forward to 2016 (most recent data at the time) this number has risen to approximately 20 million active distributors. So, when it starts to feel like ‘no one wants to join you‘, we would bet there are thousands of people you just haven’t met yet. We get it, it’s frustrating hearing no, or scam, or too busy, etc. But, stay consistent and persevere — remember why you got started in the first place.
Globally, the active distributor numbers are around 100 million people.
86% of people in the United States welcome Entrepreneurship.
The definition of an entrepreneur is the ‘bearer of risk‘. A person who has an idea or ideas and is willing to take the risk of acting on them. Since we all face and take risks in life, naturally we are all entrepreneurs, right? In the United States, 86% of people have positive attitudes toward entrepreneurship.
In other words, stop dwelling in the 14% who aren’t so positive about the idea.
Today more people want to be entrepreneurs.
And, the network marketing facts dictate that the industry provides the means to be in business for yourself, but not by yourself. Additionally, at a fraction of what it would cost in business overall.
Hope you’re enjoying these network marketing facts …
Let’s talk relationships.
Personal touch gives network marketing an advantage over buying a product off the shelves any day. Whether it occur during a home party or offline event. Or, virtually and via social selling. Relationships are the lifeline. And guess what? Approximately 72% of people who join network marketing in the first place, join for the social side of things. Nurture that — quit losing sight of that fact.
Break this last stat down for a moment. We know, that 72% (potentially more) of people who join network marketing for the social side of things. They want that belonging, friendship, support and all things in between. And yet for some reason, we continue to treat people like transactions. Keep this stat in the forefront.
Network marketing makes an excellent vehicle.
Are you think about creating your own empire one day? Perhaps you have this brilliant idea you need the funding or overhead for. Or, maybe you are an ambitious student waiting to take the market by storm. Network marketing is the best platform for you. It will help you get an idea on how a business works, how to lead a group of people and how to guide them.
It is a perfect platform to grab as much of knowledge as possible from it and then become ready to do more. A lot of successful people have done network marketing and then, created their own businesses. Don’t believe us?
Network Marketing Facts: Noteworthy Quotes
- Bill Gates – “If I would be given a chance to start all over again, I would choose network marketing”
- Warren Buffet – ”The best investment I ever made!”
- Les Brown – “Network marketing has produced more millionaires than any industry in the history of the world”
- Stephen Covey – “Everyone who gets involved in network marketing begins on a level playing field. You are not judged by age, background, race, education, or financial condition. And as you help lift others to higher levels, the industry rewards you. It is an inspiring business model, indeed.”
- Brian Tracy – “The business model itself has been tried and proven successfully worldwide for more than 50 years. It works for anyone who is willing to invest the necessary sweat equity required by any business.”
- Robert Kiyosaki – “We found that one business model stood out from the rest. That business model is called network marketing.”
- Tony Blair – “Network marketing is a tremendous contribution to the overall prosperity of the economy.”
- Armstrong Williams – “Network marketing is an essential part in building wealth.”
- Jack Canfield –“ Network marketing has been nothing but good for everyone I know that’s been involved with it because they did it seriously. They played full out and have been very successful.”
Let us know in the comments which one is your favorite quote from this list (or if you have another to add!)
Seeking more social media training to help grow your business?
Feel free to join our FREE Facebook Group Today!