Personal Development and Human Basic Needs | Network Marketing
One of the biggest challenges people experience in network marketing is eliminating negative beliefs. Whether it be their own, or others around them — it’s one of the most common issues. Our goal with our clients and Social Impacter communities is to replace those negative thoughts with solid support and personal development.
You see, personal development is so much more than reading a book here and there. And, it’s much more than the odd podcast or positive quote or affirmation. We believe a shift is coming and the negative perception often experienced in and around the industry will diminish.
I believe our movement is fuelling the network marketing industry the right way.
Additionally, with the pendulum swinging back to the need for personal touch and conversation — people’s basic needs are being met. The ones that were almost neglected unfortunately.
Personal Development meets Human Basic Needs
Richard Brooke may have said it best;
‘Today, people are longing for a return to a real, safe, relaxed time of freedom and soulful connection with others. People want to play together, pray together, get to really know each other, and most importantly, be known by others.’
And, to add to his thought process (which I love), is exactly what we hope to recreate on social media. It’s why we recommend voice notes, birthday messages, and regular connections. Relationships are powerful and with the right personal development we feed our minds – we become unstoppable.
- Food – The body needs variety of nutrients including protein, fat, and carbohydrates everyday to grow, function, and repair.
- Water – Adequate hydration allows for the processes of the body to occur.
- Shelter – We require protection from hot sun, freezing temperatures, wind, and rain.
- Sleep – 6–8 hours of sleep every 24 hours allows the brain to process new knowledge and deal with emotional information.
- People – Adults require connection (physical or emotional) with other humans to release certain hormones like oxytocin. Human touch is so important that when we are young, our brains don’t develop correctly without it. Regular connection to others allows us to maintain a sense of well-being that allows for self-care.
- Novelty – Novelty creates the opportunity to learn and the potential to fail, which stimulates dopamine release in the brain. Without regular novelty, motivation wanes and a healthy sense of well-being is lost.
As you can imagine, numbers 5 and 6 are our primary focus. Naturally, we encourage you to meet all of them but when it comes to network marketing — these are key.
Always Fill up your Cup in Order Pour into Others
Are you being mindful about your happiness? Do you take note of the events that cause you to smile? How does it feel when you are around happy vibes?
Be present in those moments — take it all in.
We want to improve ourselves, right? We want to have more pride in ourselves, and to love and respect ourselves. Also, we are hungry for guidance and support that will help us grow to be more powerful and more self-assured.
Anyone who has come full circle can tell you that these are the things that bring true happiness. And I believe we see this in most successful people. It’s true they may lose sight of it at times and this is why personal development is key throughout your journey. Even when, you ‘think you’re good’.
Network Marketing may offer the most versatile environment for us to develop our spirituality while managing our humanity at the same time.
It may just be the most exciting leadership and character building experience you have ever imagined.
Grow your Success with Personal Development
Something all successful businesspeople have in common is confidence. Without exception, they are confident in themselves, their businesses, and their success, whether current or eventual. Without regular and consistent personal development, the sort of confidence you need to successfully run a business simply won’t come.
So imagine this … your level of commitment to personal development is a precursor to your success. Knowing this, are you ready to go all in?
In the comments, please share the ways you fill up your cup (mind) with personal development. What does this look like for you? Look out soon for my top ways to practice consistent and effective personal development.
Seeking more social media training to help grow your business?
Feel free to join our FREE Facebook Group Today!