Increase Engagement on Social Media by Asking Questions
As a follow up from a past post called; 25 Writing Prompts for Telling your Personal Story this blog is along the same lines. Instead, this one is designed to help increase your engagement through asking questions (oh, and the right ones).
We know that posts on social media that call for an opinion or perspective are the best received. But why? Well, truth is people just love to be heard. So, why not give them the platform to fill that need.
Overall, it has a 2-fold effect;
- Your audience feels heard, valued and appreciated and,
- Using their answers can fuel your content funnel for days, weeks and months to come!
What are you grateful for today?
Chances are, your first thought had your brain spinning about the events that have happened thus far, right?
The moment you hear a question, your brain starts thinking about it. It searches to find an answer. This might sound normal to you but in the social media world, this is very important.
More important than it seems.
These questions work for social media posts, in stories (using poll features) and great starters for reels. Get creative with them — the benefits will be worth it.
Asking Questions is a Great way to Spark Conversation
They help make people feel involved, create a sense of community and in turn, increases social media engagement. People love sharing their experiences and asking questions makes it easy for them to come forward and share what they think.
Here are 55 Questions you can Start Asking!
- Which of your posts received the most engagement this last week? Share a link to your post, if you want (in the comments)
- Share a tip or two for getting better Social Media engagement.
- Did you know the potential of Social media when you first start using it?
- What were your initial thoughts about Social Media?
- Tell us one social media skill you’re good at and one that you want to improve.
- In your opinion, what are some important Social Media marketing skills?
- What are some easy and cost-effective ways to learn about Social Media Marketing?
- What’s your top piece of advice for someone who wants to become good at social media marketing?
- What do you enjoy more — posting stories or watching stories? Why?
- What are some ways of making your stories more engaging?
- Do you plan your stories content in advance? What do you usually post?
- According to you what is the upside or downside of stories versus your regular feed?
- Which Social Media Platform do you check first? Why?
- How much time do you spend replying and reacting to all your engagement?
- On which platform do you post on regular basis? Why?
- Do you have a daily Social Media routine? How you usually go about it?
- If you could change one thing about your Social Media routine, what will it be?
- Does your mood affect your behavior on Social Media? How?
- Would you rather post on Facebook or on Instagram? Why?
- Would you rather live alone in a beautiful countryside or work hard and live in the city around the people you love? Why?
- Would you rather give up bathing for a month or give up the internet for a month?
- Rather receive a free world tour speaking opportunity or never have to pay for food at restaurants?
- Would you rather have 10 million followers on Instagram or find true love? Why?
- Would you rather dress-up or is casual your go to? Why?
- Which do you prefer: travel with a group, solo travel, or meet other travellers along the way? What’s your pick and why?
- Would you rather go shopping with someone or by yourself?
- Do you think you should do an act of kindness for someone in order to make their day better? Is it important?
- Tell me one good thing someone did for you that brought a smile to your face.
- What is the favorite technology gadget that you own?
- According to you. what was the best invention of the last 50 years?
- Does technology simplify life or make it more complicated? Share your thoughts!
- What technology from a science fiction movie would you most like to have?
- Which is the one piece of technology that has made the world a better place?
- What are the 3 most used apps on your phone?
- Which app felt magical the first time you used it? Why did it feel so?
- How many apps do you have on your phone? Which one do you use the least and why?
- What is the most useful app on your phone? Share your favorite thing about this app.
- Remember the time before all these apps? If you could, would you go back to that time? Why?
- If you could make an app, what would you make it for?
- If we all worked fewer hours in a week, we would have more time to spend on leisure activities. What activities would you like to spend more time doing?
- Is there something you wish to do/start but don’t have too much time for? Let me know what they are!
- Does spending some down time help you become more productive? How?
- Describe your perfect day.
- What does gratitude mean to you? What are some ways in which you express gratitude?
- Are there tangible things you are grateful for?
- What are 2 things that happened this week that you’re grateful for?
- Are there things that you think you’ve taken for granted that you should be grateful for?
- What is different today than it was a year ago that you’re grateful for?Who are the people around you that you’re grateful for? This is your chance to let them know — send a text, give them a call, tag them!
- Do you think creativity is important? How do you practice creativity in your personal and professional life?
- How do you push yourself to be more creative and innovative every day?
- Creativity can be found everywhere. Where have you found your creative spark lately?
- What’s the most creative project you’ve taken on so far? Is it somewhere online? Share a link to it.
- What are some of the biggest barriers to creativity that you’ve come across?
- Being creative can be rewarding but sometimes it could get frustrating. How do you overcome this frustration?
- What are you most excited about today?
How will you start incorporating asking questions in your social media strategy?
An added bonus for content creation can also be answering the questions for yourself — share your answers with some context and follow up with asking your audience to respond. A little game of – give and take!
I hope this list of 55 questions was helpful and trust that asking them … WILL increase your engagement. Are there questions you have found to be the most beneficial already for you? Would love to hear them in the comments!
Seeking more social media training to help grow your business?
Feel free to join our FREE Facebook Group Today!